Friday 13 March 2015

Five for Friday - Kit Wish list 2


This week my five products on my kit wish list are all to do with airbrushing, with the products mainly coming from Temptu.

I want to buy from Temptu as most of the artists I've talked to online and in person have recommended their products especially the S/B and Dura ranges.

I want to start buying the S/B range of airbrush products for my kit first, S/B stands for Silicone Based which is perfect for bridal makeup artistry because it is a long lasting formula withstanding tears and sweat but still provides a natural, soft focus, dewy and youthful finish that is suitable for all skin types. Temptu state that their silicone based airbrush formula is the best in the market and I've heard the same from many independent artists from around the globe.

To start airbrushing I will need a compressor and gun, again I have been researching different companies and IWATA have been the one that people have liked the best, as they have been making them for many uses not just for the cosmetic industry for years. They also come with a 5 year warranty which makes you feel at ease.

I would want the IWATA Silver jet compressor which is available here for £119.99 because it is suitable for mobile or occasional use up to around 4 times a day. It isn't that expensive for a airbrush but if I realised I was airbrushing more then I would upgrade to a higher performance airbrush.

silverjet compressor from Iwata
I would also need and airbrush and one of the ones that is recommended to go with this machine is the IWATS revolution BR which is available here for £99.99. It is suitable for makeup application which is what I need, I would get a 2nd and maybe a third, one as a backup and one for if I started to use the Temptu Dura range which is alcohol based, so for each formulation I would have a different brush to reduce the risk of them clogging up.



 



 
 
The main purpose of airbrushing is to create a flawless base so therefore the first piece of makeup I would need for my airbrush kit would be foundations and I would choose the Temptu S/B range, you can get a starter pack of 12 1/4 fluid ounce bottles of the foundation from here for £61.25 and then as you start to run out buy the full 1 fluid once bottles here for £21.05, this not only makes sure you only buy the full sized bottles of the colours you use most often but the 1/4 fluid oz. would be refilled to keep your kit compact.

 
 
I would then also get the 8 piece blush and highlight starter pack here for £42.11, or the single full size bottles of blush are available here and the highlighters are here both retailing at £21.05 to give a fresh dewy look and a natural blush for brides.
 
The finally for my last product in my 5 that I would need is the adjusters to correct and change colours if I had a client who's skin tone didn't match any of my premixed foundations or to create a new blush colour. These are available here for £38.28 and the full sized bottles are available here for £21.05. 

 
www.impet2us.co.uk/ is the cheapest place in the UK without a pro discount to get Temptu makeup from, I will hopefully be buying a airbrush system at IMATS in July, hopefully with a discount as all this without any discount would come to £361.62!
 
Thank you for reading this weeks Five for Friday.
 
Natalie
 
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment